Things to do in Barrie
Our hotel's central location gives you convenient access to some of the area's best things to do in Barrie. Swimmable beaches, challenging ski slopes, and over 90 parks make us one of the best outdoor recreation destinations in Ontario.
- Barrie Speedway
- Downtown Toronto
- MacLaren Art Centre
- OLG Slots at Georgian Downs
- Sainte-Marie among the Hurons Historical Park
- Tanger Outlet Center
- The 400 Market
- The Mady Centre
- Wasaga Beach
- Waterfront Trail Along Kempenfelt Bay
- Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre
How To Get Here
Explore our list of things to do in Barrie:
- Waterfront Trail Along Kempenfelt Bay - This flat, 6.7 kilometer trail along the bay can be easily accessed through any of Barrie’s beachfront parks.
- The Mady Centre - Managed by the Department of Culture, The Mady Centre for Performing Arts is located right downtown and houses the Park Place Theatre, home to a variety of entertaining shows.
- MacLaren Art Centre - Check out Barrie’s permanent collection of public art in this art centre. Exhibitions, galleries, and a museum cafe are all housed in this award winning architectural building, an artwork in and of itself.
- Barrie Speedway - Ontario’s home for live, NASCAR stock car racing. Check out the events going on and join the excitement.
- Ontario Mills Outlets - Love to shop? Visit the outlets in nearby Cookstown and take advantage of the discounted retail.
- OLG Slots at Georgian Downs - Watch racing, play the slots, and enjoy fine dining at the OLG Slots at Georgian Downs for a fun night out.
- The 400 Market - Just south of Barrie and off the 400 highway, the 400 Market has hundreds of vendors inside and out.
- Sainte-Marie among the Hurons Historical Park - Along the Georgia Bay you can revisit the original site of French Jesuits’ settlement in Ontario and take a trip back in time to learn about the homeland of the Huron-Wendat nation.
- Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre - Just north of Barrie you can catch a glimpse into Canadian wildlife and explore the Midland Reserve along Georgian Bay.
- Wasaga Beach - Hop in the car for a day at the world’s longest freshwater beach and its own charming waterside town.
- Downtown Toronto - From stylish shops to delicious restaurants and countless entertainment venues, downtown Toronto is an exciting city, famous for its iconic CN tower and is appropriately home to the Hockey Hall of Fame.